How can I speed up my electric golf cart?
6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly. …
- Inspect the Batteries. …
- Refill the Battery Water. …
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage. …
- Measure the Tire Pressure. …
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit. …
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
Is there a governor on a golf cart?
Golf cart speed is often controlled by a device called a governor, and you can adjust the governor on a golf cart relatively easily to make the cart faster.
How fast can a 48v golf cart go?
The standard 48v golf cart will travel between 12 to 14 mph. However, if you apply modifications to the vehicle you can expect top speeds of 20 to 24mph.
Is 30 mph fast for a golf cart?
Depending on how far you want to go on a full charge, you might want a 40mph or a 30mph golf cart. At top speed, most golf carts do around 14mph. However, with the advent of street legal golf carts and modifications, it is possible to go 35mph and above.
How long do golf cart batteries last?
When you drive a battery-powered golf cart model, it’s important to charge it correctly and maintain your cart so that your battery will last as long as possible. When you take care of your golf cart’s battery, you can expect it to last anywhere between five and ten years.
What is the difference between a 36 volt and a 48 volt electric golf cart?
Basically, a 48V system gives you more “pep in your step” and picks up/speeds up a bit faster than a 36V system. Energy Needed/Amps Drawn- A 48V system draws less amps and provides a little more range with all things being equal (cart/passenger payload weight, motor horsepower, etc).
Will bigger tires make my golf cart faster?
Simply put, the better shape your tire is in and the larger the diameter, the faster the cart will go. This improves gas and electric golf cart speeds. Carts with thicker, larger tires possess more traction so, in turn, are generally safer as well.
Why is my electric golf cart so slow?
Usually, the most common reason golf carts slow down is when they don’t get enough power output from the battery. If the battery pack charge is very low and your cart is out of power, your cart will run slow.
How fast can a golf cart go without a governor?
Consult with your golf cart manufacturer, but replacing your speed control can increase your speed to 20 mph or more, depending on your upgrade. A typical electric cart without an upgraded speed control tops out around 12 mph.
How do you bypass the governor on a EZ Go golf cart?
- Detach the cable from the carburetor. The cable is about the width of a straw. …
- Follow the disconnected cable up to the governor. …
- Disconnect the gas pedal cable from the governor and reroute it to the carburetor. …
- Using your wrench, remove the bolt on the gas pedal shaft.
Where is the governor on an EZ Go golf cart?
Locate the governor arm mounted on top of the rear axle case underneath the cart. The action of the throttle cable attached to the governor arm is dampened by an adjustable governor spring mounted on a bracket adjacent to the governor arm.