Electric golf cart motors have a reset button on their chassis which is designed to put your motor back into its original factory state.
How do I reset the OBC on my EZ Go golf cart?
Resetting the OBC must be performed in this order:
- Key switch to off.
- Set forward/reverse to neutral.
- Put tow/run switch to tow.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal from the battery pack.
- Put the tow/run switch to run.
- Put forward/reverse switch to reverse.
- Put key switch to on.
Why won’t My EZ GO start?
If it has, reseat the wire into the solenoid. If the wire appears corroded, wear your work gloves and wipe down the wire and attempt restarting the golf cart. If the cart will not start, then you will need to replace the ignition wire.
Is there a fuse on an ezgo golf cart?
You’ll need to open up your cart’s engine hood to find this fuse. By contrast, the fuse box in 1990 EZGO golf carts – and those before and after – may be located in the wheel of your golf cart.
How do I troubleshoot my EZ Go golf cart?
Things to Keep in Mind Before Troubleshooting
- EZGO golf cart batteries aren’t perfect right away.
- Sticky accelerators are perfectly normal and can be fixed easily.
- Keep your cart stable.
- Make sure your charging wall socket isn’t faulty.
- Keep your tire pressure stable.
- Troubleshooting the speed controller.
How do I reset my electric golf cart motor?
First, you’ll want to reset your motor.
It should have a small reset button (Usually it will be red) located near the main battery supply. Hit the reset button and then put the cover back on the motor. The next step would be to recharge your cart and try turning it on again.
What is OBC on a golf cart?
The OBC is a small device that is wired into the golf cart that’s purpose is to regulate the batteries charge. As you use and drive your golf cart, the OBC records the amount of energy consumed and then directs the charger to replace exactly the amount of energy needed to fully replenish the batteries.
What would cause a golf cart not to start?
If you try to start your cart and don’t hear that “click,” it’s likely an issue with your solenoid. If you’re lucky, the problem could be as simple as a loose wire or a broken coil. In some cases, corrosion can also be a factor. If you suspect a faulty solenoid, your best bet is to take your cart to a repair shop.
What causes a golf cart not to start?
As the main source of power to your electric golf cart, the batteries are commonly the cause for why your electric golf cart won’t start. Acid-based batteries are typically used for electric golf carts and must be recharged in order to work properly.
How do you check the ignition switch on a EZ Go golf cart?
Testing a Club Car Ignition Switch
- Find the back and red wires on the back of your battery pack.
- Connect the black wire to the negative terminal and the red to the positive.
- Keep the cart turned off while you work on it.
- Check the wires with a probe meter while the cart is off – only one wire should have a charge.